Thursday, January 31, 2013

Homemade Spicy Penne Pasta in Fresh Tomato Sauce

I was in my elementary years when I first learned how to cook spaghetti in red sauce. And my dull memory tells me that the pasta was a disaster! It was a school project and I cooked it with my classmates. Since it's really a shame for a mom to be ignorant in cooking, well i tried a little experiment on my own. Hubby only eats spicy pasta, and I know I love pasta when I was in college. But I wanna try something healthy without compromising the taste. So I came up with these ingredients:

Penne Rigate, whole wheat
Garlic
Fresh Tomatoes
Tomato Paste
Shrimp
Olive Oil
Pepper, Salt and Dry Basil
Ground Red Pepper


First cook the Penne in a large pot filled with water. Add salt to make it taste better. Stir and stir to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Cook until al dente.

For the sauce, cook the shrimp first for around 3 minutes or until it turns pink. Set aside.
Saute a lot of garlic, basil and pepper in olive oil. 
Add tomato sauce and tomato paste,and wait till the sauce is slightly thick. 
Put a lot of red pepper for a more spicy taste! :)
Add the shrimp, some basil and simmer for a few more minutes till all the flavors blend well.

Sauce- the end result




 And the end result is not bad for a first-timer! Well at least my husband said it was simply delicious.

Penne Pasta in Fresh Tomato Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment