Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hiking Adventure at Gintung Pakpak

Hiking is the nature adventure that we chose to do when we went to Gintung Pakpak EcoPark in Arayat. We paid 300 pesos for the nature trip which includes the tour guide fee and free drink at the end of the activity. 
A Hundred Steps


These are the stone tables and chairs found beside the Pipagtampisan (Swimming Pool) and Dinalan A Takbang (A Hundred Steps) the path to be taken for the hiking adventure. I tried to count the steps but lost my track afterwards so I wasn't able to confirm if the steps really count to 100 (lol!).


Some of the tracks are steep and some are just flat. There were muddy and slippery paths as expected and we found a very old and rough rope near a very sharp slope so we had no choice but to hold onto it.



This mini waterfall was our destination. We were all pleased with the three kids because they were able to surpass the tracks without crying or complaining. I bet they have more energy than the grown-ups though. (LOL)



The water is muddy and foamy so there was no chance of taking a swim. There were a few trash such as plastics from left-over foods at the waterfall site which I believe was left by the tourists who went there prior to us. Nonetheless, the real rewarding part was the journey that we have to go through just to reach this place.









I was happy to see Makahiya plants along the way because they reminded me of my childhood. I remember those plants were abundant in Pampanga when I was still young. Some amorseco seeds got stuck on our clothes as well, but brought nostalgia to me. Indeed this nature trip had brought back memories when I was a child, when the town was still full of wild grasses and different trees.
Nice view along the way to the waterfall
Time to go
Tired but happy!

Location:  Purok 6, Barangay Baliti, Arayat Pampanga.

Entrance Fee:
PHP300- with free choice of either swimming, boating, hiking or fishing
PHP150 to encounter another nature activity

Accomodation:
Villas- PHP4950++
Deluxe Villas (8pax)- PHP6050++
          - for 8 pax
          - free use of swimming pool
          - choice of bale tuku, tugak, tagak, barag or sawa
Dormitory Type-PHP550++
Contact#: 0915 237 5915

No comments:

Post a Comment